Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Jungle Fever

Jungle Fever
 
Here is another one of my "done in the basement" paintings. To compensate for the lack of light I infused an internal light - a light illuminating from within the painting itself. It is painted with acrylic paints on French Arches watercolor paper (very heavy weight) - size 30" h x 22 1/2" w.
 
Sometimes when I look at my art I wonder who is it who is doing this? I've entertained the thought of one of my past lives - an entity who finds "opportunity" to work through me to express its on-going energy throughout the universe. As an "aside" I was in one of Dr. Brian Weiss's (Many Lives, Many Masters) workshops where we were regressed along with about five hundred other people in the audience. I found out I had been in Africa - not sure where or when, but I certainly was influenced to choose red, yellow, green and black for this vibrant work.
 
I like it better now that time has passed since it was created. I now see the strong forms and musical brushwork - using a chinese brush dipped in India Ink. Yes! I can now "see the light".


No comments:

Post a Comment