Sunday, November 9, 2014

Between the Vines - Acrylic Abstract 11/9/2014


 
Between the Vines

If you look carefully you will see human torsos (a few belly buttons, too) interlocking  - "vine-like" .
I've been trying to update my web site www.Karens-Studio.com which is "run by" Word Press. I've decided that using blogger.com will be a better "venue" for sharing my paintings - a place where I will be able to provide further information about each painting - it's inspiration - it's history - it's "provenance".

During the past several weeks I've been choosing to expand my art endeavors by adding a thousand dollar full-page ad to "Blink" a catalog produced by Art Design Consultants that will go out to 10,000 people - interior designers and artists across the country. The target date for distribution of  "Blink" will be January, 2015.

I am also having prints and greeting cards made from original works. Robin Imaging was recommended to me by an artist in the studio next to mine at Essex Studios. It's an old company - that I wish I had known about years ago. I figure I'm learning about it now because I'm finding I want to make good reproductions of my work to display and sell.

Robin Imaging took my framed painting and photographed it through glass to "get back to" the original painting. I was amazed by the result! It has inspired me to select more works for duplication.

The first painting (here) that I'm sharing is on French Arches watercolor heavy weight paper, measurements 30" H x 22 1/2 wide. It's done with acrylic paints, brushes and some sponge work, too. I was working at a drawing board in the basement - where daylight was "not". This painting is one of several "jungle" paintings - paintings that had to produce their own light from within. Coming up with a name is often difficult - so now at last I'm calling it "Between the Vines".



No comments:

Post a Comment