Monday, November 10, 2014

"Cover Up"




"Cover Up"

This acrylic abstract was begun many years ago - probably back in the late 70's. It is painted on English handmade watercolor paper - size 22" h x 30" w. The paper came from Falkiner Fine Papers in London. When it was shipped to Greater Cincinnati Airport, I was required to go to the Customs Office to sign for its delivery.

I used a palette knife and various items to scrape and print shapes into the wet paint. I even have used a tuna can, paper towel tube or 3"x5" card). My first attempt at this painting was "not to my liking" so it remained in my portfolio for years. I would study it and then return it back to the portfolio.

When I signed up to put an ad in Blink, I took this painting out again and started putting green patches of paint to "liven" it up - giving contrast and balance - a composition in color. It's a "happy" painting now and well-suited for display or sale. It is definitely one of my "energetic" paintings.



No comments:

Post a Comment